15. juli 2010

Good Riddance, puh. Guess what? I did have the time of my life.

So I find myself in a WiFi zone in Amsterdan, Schippol, to be exact.
When getting ready to go off the plane I heard a family talking in Norwegian, and I immidiately thought that maybe, just meyba, they were going to the same plane as me to Bergen! And as I was approaching them, trying to decide whether or not I should talk to them, I realized they were talking in english. And not Norwegian.
Leaving La Crosse earlyer today (or yesterday actually, I guess) sucked. My suitcases were, together, 23 lbs overweight, and I didn't have to pay for it at all!! Everyone was at the airport, and we just took pictures and did a lot of activities that made the time go by quickly. Then I started walking through the line of Rotary people, host families and friends, and gave every single one of them a hug. And yes, my shoulder was rather wet from tears when I was done hugging. I got my suitcase and my backpack (who are both heavier than me, by the way), and walked through security where tthey gace me klinex. And one would think that I should know after living in the US for a whole year that I know how to use kleenex. (Because every single American has kleenex in every room, every pocket and every purse) But I don't. No one ever taught me, and I haven't been involved in a lot of crying since I got here, so I haven't really attempted opening the kleenex-box. So, anyway, this lady gave me three kleenex, or three sheets of kleenex? And I rolled them all together in my hand, and carefully dried my tears off my cheek with kleenex-balls.

I am not yet sure of how I can describe my year, or all the possible ways it has changed me, but it has made me a bigger person. A lot bigger (physically).
But going home is going to feel nice. And relaxing. I am beyond excited to see my 12, going-on-thirteen brother, and tell him what every sister that has been gone from her babybrother for a year would say: You're so much taller! Hos much have you grown??

I still have almost 3 hours in Amsterdam. And im 18. What fun.
(Just kidding. I have decided I am not even going to go to the bathroom while I'm here cause then I'd have to leave my luggage)
hei pus, love gurthi

Ingen kommentarer: