They usually have a silly photo on them, and stupid jokes, often about rasism or sex. Kids would chase a russ for hours just to get his/her card. So while you're a kid they are nothing but items you collect. Every russ orders/makes his/her own russ-card, and can order as many as they want - usually around 300 or so.
So while paying for my russ-supplymenst, I started thinking of the making of my russ-card. I do not know what jokes to put on it, and neither what picture(any suggestions? let me know). I have _ABSOLUTELY_ no idea.
Anyhow, I'll get back to the picture some other time; right now I'm focusing on the jokes. So here are (so far) my options: (they are in Norwegian, I'll try to translate them into making-sense. Although, I would LOVE to have a quote/joke in english on my card. Again; suggestions? please let me know)
- Før var eg liten og søt, det er eg fortsatt // I used to be short and cute, and I still am
- Eg gjer kva som helst om det førar til at eg slepp å gjere noko som helst! // I would do anything to do nothing (??)
- Til og med "litt for seint" er i tidlegaste laget for meg... / To me, even "a little late" is too soon
- Det verste eg veit er snørrungar som masar etter russekort // I hate brats who whine for russ-cards
- Eg har alltid hatt lyst til å gjere lekser - men her ser du jenta som kan styre sine lyster! // I've always wanted to do homework, but this is the girl who could control herself.
- Eg er ikkje den eg eingong var, men det har eg heller aldri vore // I'm not who I used to be, but I never have been
- Menstration is a bloody waste of fucking time (mmmmaaaybe a not as appropriate? Still like it though)
I also have two others in mind.
1. “Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
(this one I posted on my blog a while ago)
2. "Where are we going?" Pooh asked.
"Nowhere" Christopher Robin answered.
So they began going there/ and that's where they went
Both of these are probably, maybe, my favorite quotes of all time and might be just a little bit too "serious" or "cute" or "meaningful"(to me) or whatever to put on my russ-card.
What do you think?